Tuesday, February 21, 2023

I don’t write often, but thought you’d be into this

I called it world-leading at the time, and I meant it.
‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌

Faith —

Hi, Gavin Newsom here. Governor of California.

I don't write often, but this is something I thought you'd be interested in... and maybe something you can push for federally.

Last year, I signed legislation requiring 100% of new car sales in California to be zero-emission vehicles by 2035.

We did this because transportation accounts for more than 50 percent of California's greenhouse gas emissions.

We did this because in California, we know better than most the impact of climate change. It's already part of our life.

We did this because our air shouldn't give our kids asthma. Because we have seen historic wildfires, world-record temperatures, orange skies, drought, and more.

I called it world-leading at the time, and I meant it. Here's why:

Last week, the EUROPEAN UNION followed California's lead — approving a ban on the sale of gas and diesel cars by 2035.

As long as I have anything to say about it, California will continue blazing a trail for America and the rest of the world on the swift and meaningful actions necessary for cutting carbon pollution, protecting communities, and leading the clean energy future.

But I am curious:

Would you support legislation that requires 100 percent of new car sales in the United States to be zero-emission vehicles by 2035? Let me know.

YES
NO

Thanks for reading. I look forward to hearing the thoughts from people around the country on this issue.

Gavin


 

PAID FOR BY NEWSOM FOR CALIFORNIA – GOVERNOR – 2022

This email was sent to faith.wgt.beagle@blogger.com . Email is a very important way we communicate with supporters like you, but if you want to, you can unsubscribe here .

No comments:

Post a Comment